Sunday, September 9, 2012

An Introduction

Hello, welcome to my blog.  I'm very excited about it.  You can be, too, if you want.

I plan to write about a lot of things.  Nerdy things.  Nerdy, geeky, fan-girly, crafty things.  I'm generally a bit scattered in my day-to-day existence, and that's likely to be the general tone here.  I'd like to use this space not only to selfishly foist my thoughts and creations upon the world, but also to keep my writing skills sharp.

I dabble in a decent number of nerdly pursuits, although my main squeeze is role-playing (tabletop primarily, although I love a good LARP).  I've been playing since early high school, so about 10 years.  I also partake in video games, comics, various crafts, writing, sci-fi/fantasy media, and so forth.  A geek of all trades.

I'm frequently at the sewing machine or seen with crochet hooks in hand, crafting a decent portion of my daily wardrobe, as well as Halloween/LARP costumes as far back as I can remember, and various things about the house.

Presently, I'm involved in two long-running tabletop campaigns,  as well as a handful of others that are either infrequent or just getting started.  I cut my teeth in an Old World Of Darkness Mage campaign (wherein I played a vampire?) and have since branched out to systems ranging from Unknown Armies to Deadlands to D&D.  I've not yet run a game, but that's likely to change in the not too distant future.

On the crafting front, we've got Halloween fast approaching, after which I'll be taking on the epic task of making my own wedding dress.  Intimidating, but there's quite a lot of time before The Big Day, so I'm not too concerned.

So there you have it, for now. There will be lots of pretty pictures, maybe some recipes, some fan-girl flailing, et cetera.  Be on the look out for unconventional/nerd wedding tips and tricks, too.

Do stick around?

No comments:

Post a Comment